30 November 2008

Baked

I baked cookies for the second time in my life this weekend.

The first time was not out of scratch and on parchment paper- I used a ready-to-mix kind of product and aluminum foil. The bottoms got burnt and people had to watch out for foil pieces that might've been stuck on the bottom of the cookies when they were eating them.

My first batch was white chocolate and blueberry cookies on Thanksgiving. My second batch and third were today- almond biscotti for Elbert's mom's birthday (they kind of came out really hard cos they were left in the oven too long, but the flavor was good); and white chocolate cookies (just so I can finish up the white chocolate chips in the cupboard). Elbert helped me out with all batches, the sweetheart.

I'm happy the cookies came out well but already I can see I have to account for plenty of things in recipes, including the recommended amounts of sugar and baking time. Plus, it's all about taste and texture combined.

Meantime, I'm working on the first writing prompt. Stay tuned.