19 November 2010

Short Harbingers

Short Harbingers

Above is the URL I mentioned in my previous entry. What's with the name? Well, this has everything to do with the upcoming online (for now) publication I've been planning. I would like to do a kind of literary magazine, the bulk of it to be concentrating on short stories, with spattering of poetry- a genre of literature I'm not very good at being picky and critical over- and, hopefully, some photography, especially those that can tell stories with the series of images, whether literally or if there's a theme going on. I figure it would be a learning process all around. So, the short stories bit is where "SHORT" comes into the name.

"HARBINGER" is a very intense word in my opinion, meaning "messenger." My intent with the publication is to deliver stories, which are messages from their authors. Whether the messages within stories are deliberate or they are totally just STORIES in someone's mind, it's all right- I believe all writing pieces are ways to deliver messages. Hence, the place of "HARBINGERS" in the name. It's also not very commonly used in the Modern English language. I note that when it is used, it usually is in a dramatic or even foreboding tone.

In the meantime, I am redirecting the URL to the my page on the aggregator, Flavors.me, which is a great site, by the way. It's easy to use, but not all social media and blogging services can be linked through it, so you have to do some exploring.

In other happenings, I've relocated and all the fun of settling down had definitely taken up a lot of my time, but now that the house is just about finished in being equipped with necessities (more or less), I will be devoting more time to myself and my writing. For example, I have chosen to put my project, FIFTEEN SOULS, as a NaNo. I doubt I'll be finishing on time, since as of this entry its word count stands at 1,142. Still, you never know. It's worth a chance and I'm finding it good for me to have started on this project.

No comments: