18 June 2009

OMG! 20th Post!

Not really a highlight but it's all good.

Someone asked that I post my recommendations up. So, here they are, without my descriptions or reasons for why. :) Next post might have them!

  • Reading Like a Writer, Francine Prose
  • Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
  • Coin Locker Babies, Ryu Murakami
  • American Gods, Neil Gaiman
  • Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Haruki Murakami
  • Suppli, Mari Okazaki
  • What Dreams May Come, Richard Matheson
  • Atonement, Ian McEwan
  • Unabridged fairy tales, Hans Christen Andersen
  • Ramayana

Sorry about the fairy tales, but there's one version of it with these beautiful pictures. It'd be an oversized book at a bookstore. Personally, I read this when I was much younger and took it out again for one more read from the Fort Hamilton Brooklyn Public Library Branch, before moving from Bay Ridge to Bensonhurst. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

2 comments:

JESSICA TAGHAP said...

OH! That reminds me, I still have to finish the copy of "Atonement" Irina lent me! *goes off in search of it*

Also, RAMAYANA = <3 I need to set some time to properly read this!

T E said...

<3 Finish ATONEMENT then read RAMAYANA and if you'd like, I'll lend you/give you my prose copy, after I do another re-read to commit to memory the details. :)